Are you looking for one of the best outdoor fish fryers on the market today? Then this 4-gallon one from Bayou Classic should be at the top of your list.
Read our buying guide packed with information to help you decide if this high-capacity outdoor fish fryer is the right one for you.
- Bayou Classic 4-gallon fryer is one of the most efficient deep fryers on the market today
- Include 2 stainless steel fry baskets, temperature gauge, drain valve, extension legs, and 10-PSI...
- No scorch design
- Features a V-bottom design that keeps the base oil temperature cooler than the top frying...
- The heat from the propane flows through the rear tube of the fryer, rolling the oil as it travels...
Bayou Classic 4-Gallon Bayou Fryer Review
If you’re looking for one of the best fish fryers on the market today, then you’ll want to seriously consider this Bayou Fryer. Bayou Classic is one of the most trusted names in outdoor cooking and for good reason. They make some top-quality products that are easy to set up and use.
Keep on reading to find out more about why we like it so much.
- 4 gallon capacity (may be too large for some. If this is the case, then consider the Presto 05411 Granpappy Deep Fryer)
- Stainless steel
- Double frying baskets
- Very efficient
- Includes everything but the propane tank
- Innovative V-bottom design that keeps the oil cooler at the bottom so that the batter doesn’t burn
You can easily find this top-quality high-capacity deep fryer from Bayou Classic on Amazon. Check now for the lowest prices and also to see if this product is eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership:
- Large capacity (If you don’t need such a large one, consider the T-Fal Ultimate EZ Clean Deep Fryer instead)
- Double fry basket
- Heats up quickly and holds the correct temperature with ease
- Innovative design
- Stainless steel construction
- Some reports of poor welding and the unit leaking oil
What do People Think about this Fish Fryer from Bayou Classic?
“My wife and I have been in charge of doing the cooking for our annual Church camp-out and I couldn’t be happier that we have this thing. We use it for almost every meal and it’s super easy to cook a ton of food in a very short time. Fries, shrimp, hashbrowns, etc. It’s reasonably small and fits easily into the back of our van, and then clean-up isn’t too difficult before we go.”
“Super fast at coming up to the correct temperature. I have fish fries all summer long and this thing is a beast. It makes the most delicious fried fish and my friends and family just keep coming back for more. Quick tip: we’re all about the peanut oil here.”
“Okay, so it’s pretty loud, but I kind of like that. Nobody will make the mistake of bumping into it when it’s turned on because of that. Plus, it gets up to temperature really quickly and stays hot for a long time. Make nice fried fish, hush puppies, fries, shrimp, fried chicken, etc.”
Bayou Classic Fish Fryer Review
The Takeaway on the Bayou Fryer
Overall, this fish fryer has some of the best customer reviews and ratings of all outdoor deep fryers you can buy. It’s well built, durable and will last you a lifetime with proper care.
The best part is that it just works well. Although it’s quite loud, it comes up to temperature really quickly and stays hot, even if you put in a good amount of food.
The innovative v-shape design means that the bottom oil stays a bit cooler. This helps to prevent batter from burning and maintains the integrity of the oil for a longer period of time.
We LOVE this thing and it’s out top pick for a fish deep fryer. It’s ideal because doing this kind of thing inside can really stink up your house. Avoid this with the Bayou Classic Fryer.
Where Can I Buy It?
You can find one of the top choices for fish fryers on Amazon. Click the button below to learn more about this Bayou Classic Deep Fryer:
Is there a Smaller Fish Fryer?
This product we’ve reviewed has a 4-gallon capacity. That means it’s big enough for 2 baskets, side by side.
However, if you’re looking for a smaller one that’s a bit easier to transport and requires less oil, then you may want to consider the 2.5 gallon model instead.
The rest of the specifications are basically the same between the two models with the exception of the size and number of frying baskets.
Check it out here:
- All stainless steel construction
- 1 Large stainless basket. Temperature gauge
- No scorch design
- Model 700-725 features the same V bottom design as the larger 4 and 9 gallon fryers, but it requires...
Compare Fish Fryers
Besides these ones from Bayou Classic, there are a number of other options if you want to get your fish fry on. You can see some of our top picks in this handy chart below:
Is it the Ultimate Fish Fryer? Have your Say
Do you think it’s the best fish fryer on the market today? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other fish frying enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2019-07-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API