Are you looking for a top-quality high-pressure propane burner for homebrewing, or outdoor cooking? Then the Banjo Burner from Bayou Classic should be at the top of your list.
Read our buying guide packed with information to help you decide if it’s right for you. Bayou Classic is one of the most trusted names in outdoor cooking for good reason. They make some amazing products and sell them at very reasonable prices.
- 16-In large cooking surface
- 12.5-In tall Welded Steel frame
- 10-In cast iron burner
- 360˚ windscreen protection
- 48-In stainless braided hose
An Introduction to the Bayou Classic Banjo Burner
This Bayou Classic Burner is a beast in the backyard. It’s durable, strong and can handle huge pots of boiling liquids up to 100 quarts. This is enough to deep fry a turkey, make a batch of beer, boil up a ton of crawfish, or have a big fish fry.
It’s for good reason that the Banjo Burner is the preferred cast iron propane burner for many outdoor cooks. It’s powerful and gets the liquid up to temperature quickly, and also does a good job at keeping it at the correct temperature, even when adding lots of food to it.
The high BTU output, combined with the 30 PSI regulator make this a nice choice for people who live in cooler climates. Although it will take a little bit longer than in warm weather, this unit is powerful enough to overcome this easily.
- High pressure cooker
- Designed for outdoor use and runs on propane (tank not included)
- 16 inch diameter cooking surface
- 12.5 inches tall
- Welded steel frame
- 1o inch cast iron burner
- Full windscreen protection
- Includes durable braided hose
- 30 psi adjustable regulator
- Capable of large pots up to 100 quarts (minimum 14 inch diameter)
- 210,000 BTU output (one of the most powerful propane burners on the market today)
What Can I Use this Cast Iron Burner For?
There are a number of uses for the Banjo Burner. The company mentions the following things: brewing beer, deep frying food, seafood boils, gumbo or stew. It’s ideal for parties, RV’s or tailgating.
Where Can I Buy It?
You can easily find the best outdoor cooking appliances on Amazon. Click the button below to find the best prices:
Banjo Burner Review
Banjo Burner Pros:
- Burns very hot and gets up to temperature quickly
- Quiet operation
- Burner spreads the flames evenly over the cooking surface
- Can cook things at low temps as well
- Excellent wind protection
- 4 foot hose is long enough to keep the tank away from the flames
Banjo Burner Cons:
- Some issues with the durability of the regulator hose
- Painted stand that burns off almost immediately
- Heat output isn’t really that easy to regulate
- Narrow legs mean that it’s not great on gravel or grass. But, it does work well on the patio or driveway.
What do People Think about the Banjo Burner?
“Really nice upgrade from what I was previously using. It heats up the oil or liquid extremely quickly, and it’s also far quieter. The stand is super strong and I never feel like it’s going to break when I put something heavy on it. Nice work Bayou Classic!”
“Love the enclosed flame with multiple burners. I never feel like I’m losing a ton of heat during the cooking process. Plus, the windscreen does a great job and I never have issues getting it lit, or keeping it running even when it’s a bit windy outside.”
“I love to homebrew and this saves me a ton of time and money compared to doing this stuff on the stove. Seriously, that takes forever and it such a pain. Just save yourself the hassle and get something like this.”
Where Can I Buy It?
You can easily find this top-quality Bayou Classic Burner on Amazon. Check now for the lowest prices and don’t forget to see if this product is eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership:
Compare Outdoor Turkey Fryers
Besides this cast iron burner, there are a number of top options for outdoor cooking, including turkeys, seafood boils and homebrewing. You can see some of our top picks here: The Best Outdoor Turkey Deep Fryers.
Or, check out some of them here:
Have your Say about this High Pressure Propane Burner
What are your thoughts about the Banjo Burner? Is it one of the top picks for outdoor cooking or homebrewing? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other outdoor cooking enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2019-05-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API